Friday 25 September 2015

Luck and Judgement greeting cards

A few months ago I came across a lovely greeting card company called Luck & Judgement.  They are based in Devon, UK, and have a wonderfully eclectic range of cards for all occasions!  I was instantly drawn towards their sense of fun and humour so I wanted to share their products with you.  

Luck and Judgement cards

The first set of cards I have to show you is the Oink Baa Moo collection.  These bright and cheerful cards are based on the views from Clare and Dan's office window (they are the beautiful brains behind the brand).  The dog, hen and sheep are illustrations of Clare and Dan's own animals and the pig, horse and cow cards picture animals from surrounding farms.

Oink Baa Moo

Clare told me that the illustrations start off as collage – all of the details, both big and small, are cut from paper and stuck together, leaving her desk a menacing collection of glue and scalpels.... yikes! Details are added using acrylics or chalks then the artwork is scanned and any tiny final details are added in photoshop.  

The cards are printed on thick and luxurious card and come with matching envelopes.  The inside is left blank for you to add your own message making them very versatile!

Perfect cards for children and adults

The other set I have to show you is the Famous Five collection.  These are typographical cards with brilliantly British phrases and saying.  I absolutely love them, they are so fun and colourful!  The idea behind them is that they are clean and simple while still being aesthetically pleasing and they help you say exactly what you want to without all the hearts, flowers, sparkles and glitter.  Clare describes the collection as being understated with a tongue-in-cheek retro-ness, sherbet colours and made from lovely quality materials.       

Famous Five

I loved Enid Blyton books as a child, especially the Famous Five stories so finding cards that say "gee whizz!" and "golly gosh!" really brought a smile to my face.  I have a feeling that any of my friends would have the same reaction if I sent them one in the post and isn't that the whole point of a greeting card, to spread a little joy?

Brilliantly British cards designed and printed in Devon

Like the Oink Baa Moo set these cards are also blank so you can choose to use them how you like.  They are made from thick white card and come with classy cream envelopes.  All the cards I have featured in this post are £2.50 each which I think is a bargain!  They are available online and from selected stockists.  
  
Do you have a favourite card from this post?  I think the sheep one is super cute and I really like the whoopsadaisy! and thanks awfully! cards too.


*Disclaimer - these products were provided free of charge for the purpose of this post.  As always all opinions are honest and my own.  I have not been paid to write this post and I am not affiliated with Luck & Judgement.


2 comments: